What is West London Collaborative?
West London Collaborative CIC is a community-led consultancy working across London to co-produce better and braver solutions to local health and social care challenges.
We are local people. We bring people with lived experience of using the NHS and social care systems to work with professionals at all levels. Together we solve complex problems like system re-design, re-imagining and reforming services, writing strategy and policy, and reducing the impact of difficult financial decisions – and we use our profits to grow resilient communities.
- Our input is based upon understanding local people’s assets, our dreams and our concerns, as well as our experience of using institutions and systems.
- We have a direct say in the design, delivery and evaluation of those services, working as equal partners with providers and commissioners.
- We challenge the reliance on professional or academic assessment of our needs or deficits, and we promote thinking about our assets
- Our network of members work with health and social care professionals in a process called co-production.
- As a social enterprise we’re a business. We charge service providers and commissioners for consultancy services. Any profits are ploughed back into the local community to grow networks, support people to stay well and reduce their reliance on institutions and systems
- As a social enterprise, we will generate our own income and will become financially independent. This means we will not be dependent on anyone.
- This independence means we are not afraid to challenge and speak out.